- Members will be reading in Authors Alley during the Manassas Gallery Walk (on the terrace behind The Things I Love, 9084-9086 Center Street). Stroll around Old Town Manassas, check out local art, do some shopping, and then listen to readings by your fellow railers.
- Rodney Jordan, author of Tired of Being Black, will be reading and signing his book at Prospero's Books (9129 Center St.) during the Gallery Walk.
- Take part in Open Mic Night at Deja Brew (5311 Merchants View Square, Haymarket). Share your best short fiction, poetry, shopping lists or political rants. The mic opens at 7:00, and we’ll stay up as late as we must to get everyone a shot at airing out their scribbles. Oh, and these days, Deja Brew serves wine and beer to accompany all your favorite desserts and high-test coffees. Hosted by Piedmont Writers.
- Member Katherine Gotthardt will sign her newly released (traditional text) book, Weaker Than Water, as well as her older books, including Poems from the Battlefield, in front of Prospero's Books (9129 Center St. Manassas).
- Bull Run Regional Library will hold a Local Author Fair at Bull Run Regional Library (8051 Ashton Avenue in Manassas). Chat with and purchase books from
Edward R. Janusz
Margaret P. Johnston
June Pair Kilpatrick
Ellen H. Korin
Genilee Swope Parente
Tamela J. Ritter
Maria D. Stewart
F. Sharon Swope